Hello friends! I’ve been gone a while what with going on RAGBRAI and then on a work trip to Brazil. I’ll write about those coming up in the next week or two. Tonight I’m just curled up on the couch relaxing and recovering. This post will be kind of rambling and about nothing super important. Dying to read it now, aren’t you?
- Did you see my new Travel tab? Soon I will put links in there to my travel posts. Check back!
- I’m pretty pumped about my travel stats: 36 states, 4 continents, & 15 countries!
- Being able to sleep on planes is my superpower. Seriously. It has saved me from hours of miserable jet lag.
- Recovering from 24 hours of planes and airports involves a lot of water and a lot of stretching. Holy tight muscles batman.
- Totino’s Pizza Rolls disgust me. I won’t get into why but they will never be allowed in my house.
- The camel hump day commercial is my FAVORITE. My friends are seriously sick of me quoting it, especially when it’s not Wednesday 😛
- My parents are coming to visit me in October! SO EXCITED!
- I’m going to try Heart Rate Training. I’ll have to do a big post about what this is and why I’m trying it. I think I’m going to struggle with it though.
- Dating is so annoying. I feel like I should be excited after a first date if it’s right but I never really am, even if it goes well. I know it always takes me longer to get to know someone before I really like them, but that is hard to do sometimes in the dating world.
- I’m going shopping for groceries tomorrow for the first time in over a month. Since I’ve been gone every other week it didn’t make sense to buy food.
- I’m in one of those moods where I’m tired but I either can’t or don’t want to go to sleep. It happens far too often.
- Every since talking to a guy on my RAGBRAI team who owns like 9 bikes, I’ve been kind of interested in getting a cruiser bike with a big basket on the front. There are bike lanes and/or a bike path all the way to my grocery store and to Walgreens and I guess the big basket could hold like 5 paper bags of groceries. Wouldn’t that be a fun way to run errands? And it would keep me from buying too much food!
- I miss playing pool. I used to go a couple of times a week back a few years ago and it’s been way too long.
- I’m thinking about doing a bowling league through my work this year in addition to the volleyball league. Might be a fun way to meet new people and I don’t have to worry about teams because they put everyone who wants to play in the league and draw teams out of a hat.
Okay, that’s all I have for tonight. Time to try to get some sleep so I’m officially back on Central Standard Time.