Since it’s been exactly a week since I last posted I figured I’d catch you all up on my life! Get ready for some randomness.
1) Last weekend was super fun. I got to go up to the Madison, WI area and help my friends move into their new house. It was awesome to get some quality time with them and get a long weekend (I took Friday and Monday off).
2) It is way harder to eat vegetarian or vegan when surrounded by people who aren’t. One meal is not a problem. Five days is enough to break me. I knew I wasn’t going to keep vegan over the weekend… I am a Wisconsin girl and turning down squeaky cheese curds is against everything I believe in! I ate vegetarian except for the last 12 hours when I broke down and had some meat. Back on the vegetarian bandwagon though and trying to get back to vegan. I’m not kidding though… cheese is delicious and hard to give up.
3) I’m finding dark chocolate PureAlmond milk to be a great way to satisfy a sweets craving. Way healthier than making brownie batter!
4) One of my friends found my favorite tea from London available in the States! When I studied abroad in 2004 I drank it ALL the time and couldn’t find it available anywhere when I came back. I am so pumped for it to be delivered later this week!
5) Over the weekend with my friends I saw the movie The Lorax. It was cute. I am waiting for Suessical the Musical to come back to Chicago so I can finally see that. I <3 musicals.
6) As part of decorating my and setting my apartment I bought some pretty kick ass Boston Acoustics speakers (a sub and 2 front speakers that pretty much rock) and I also bought an Apple TV. It was open box at Best Buy so I got it cheaper than normal. Pretty pumped about my new setup!
7) Work has been crazy this week. All kinds of issues coming up and since I’m new to this position I’m just trying to learn how to fix things on the fly. A little stressful, but I’m making it work.
Alright, that’s been my life lately! What have you been up to?