- I love getting good and sweaty.
- You can do it anywhere.
- It’s a good way to spend time with friends.
(pre-Disney Wine and Dine half marathon)
- Its high impact. It pounds out all my frustrations.
- It’s a productive outlet for nervous or angry energy.
- It gives me time to think through things.
- The race swag.
(Medium weight fleece from a 5k with a $30 entry fee. Score!)
- The steady supply of new t-shirts.
- It’s something I have to work hard to be good (even decent!) at which makes it very rewarding.
- It’s an excuse to shop at Dick’s Sporting Goods (I love that store!)
- The medals!
- The feeling of accomplishment.
- The “wow, you’re crazy!” or “wow, that’s impressive!” comments I get when I tell a non-runner that I ran 2 half marathons.
- The battle scars.
- There are so many different types of races to train for (road, trail, different distances, etc).
- There’s almost always a race nearby if you want to do one.
- It helps counter my love for food.
(Walker Bros Apple Pancake… YUM.)
- It’s a sport I can do by myself, with my dog, or with friends. Few other sports can accommodate individuals, groups, and canines so well!
- I’m almost always in a better mood when I finish than I am when I start.
Why do you love running?