Now that I’ve had more than enough time to recover from my first half marathon effort, I finally feel like I’m ready to get back on the training bandwagon. Good thing since half marathon #2 is only 10 weeks away!
My second half marathon outing will be at the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon at Disney World in Florida. (Is that not a wicked cool medal? Last year’s of course, but I bet this year’s is just as cool. I’m so excited to wear that puppy!)
I can’t even tell you how excited I am! I love Disney. Seriously. I have (adult) friends who are in love with Disney and I was like, whoa, these people are crazy! And then I went to Disney World as an adult, just last year. And it rocked my world. Happiest Place on Earth? I think so!
So this race is crazy. Here’s a little bit about it:
- It starts at 10 PM on Saturday October 1st. I love night running!
- The course starts at the ESPN Wild World of Sports and winds through 3 parks: Animal Kingdom, MGM/Hollywood Studios, and Epcot.
- Characters cheer you on and the parks are all lit up and festive.
- It ends at Epcot and the post party goes til 3 AM and is at the International Food & Wine Festival, which also goes on all weekend. Yum!
- The goody bag appears to contain commemorative Mickey ears!
Here’s the course map. It just looks fun!
The other great thing about this race is that I have 4 friends signed up to run it with me. I know we’ll have different paces and won’t all run together but the camaraderie will still be there. After the disappointment of my friend backing out of the Seattle half last month after us being so excited when we first signed up, well, let’s just say I need a little of that friendly support.
Have any of you ever run at Disney? I’d love to hear your stories!